So far my number one choice is the 1UP. it looks like it grabs the front
wheel forward enough to not hit my front racks. The biggest front rack I
have is the Pelago rack. It's quite expensive but looks like a lifetime
piece of kit. Also seems to be sturdy enough to carry four heavier bikes,
that's my only concern on a rack like the Swagman, for example that has the
racheting hook that grabs the top tube, is that it can't hold the weight of
four heavy bikes. My 12 year old is riding a 22" mountain bike frame
already, so large bike are many years in my future.

I thought the North Shore looked cool but I don't think the "hooks around
the headtube" method will work with my basketed bikes.

That said, I'm interested in hearing others' experience.