Sorry, I didnt mean that to be discouraging, it was meant as a lucky
break!  Smaller parts are less of an issue but on big expanses (like rims
and stems and seat posts) the unevenness of the fade is not cool.

I once bought a bike from a guy who moved to NJ from Arizona and it was
clear which direction he stored the bike in.  The stem, seatpost, spacers,
cranks, and handlebars were silver on side and black on the other!