Mark, you were under the impression because you voted for and coined the term
“racing Platypus”! 🤣 And I *jokingly* went along with it, but who can tell over
text? No, I always planned for my 2nd bike to be lighter and not meant for
hauling (but I still think of it as a racing Platypus, though I’ve taken to
calling it The Rowdy Platypus since it doesn’t always behave). BUT, the thing
is, it’s tough not to have carrying capability. I wanted to shed my puffy down
vest the other day and was forced to sweat in it all the way home because the
Platy had nothing to take it from me. I can think of times I’ve been on a date
with JP in my MIL’s little lake town, and if I wanted to bring something home
from a boutique or restaurant, how would I do that with no bags? I don’t want
to be limited to my Clem for most of my rides, though I adore it.

So, I’m compromising. I’ll get the light R51 rack and use it to support a Small
Saddlesack in gray grid, which arrives today. Little things like keys can go in
the Banana Sax  in front and items like a hand bag or u lock can go in the
Saddlesack. Adventuring and exercise = Platypus. Shopping, commuting =
Clementine.

Sent from my iPad