Thanks for the background; now it does sound like a square peg, round hole
situation in terms of fitting your needs - and since you can find just
about any combination of features you want these days in a steel frame, it
does seem a bit like you're taking the scenic route.

Still, could be cool to have a fully unique bike, but only if you're really
attached to that frame IMO, otherwise I'd sell it to someone whose needs it
already fits