This is my thinking as well. Build up a rideable bike, and don’t worry
about the “perfect.” When I saw you’d traded away a Minimoto, I thought,
“Well there’s your problem right there.” If you went fixed, that’s all
you’d even need. Cantis or Vs would be fine, brake levers and fixie wheels
are dead cheap on Craigslist if your bike is 120 spaced, and 130 spaced
road wheels are also pretty cheap and available.

Ride the bike a bit, and then strip it and sell the pieces.

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA