I am firmly of the opinion that "bike parts will weigh what they'll weigh"
and that using weight as a metric for choosing what to buy is a bad idea -
however! - I am also firmly of the opinion that unnecessary weight will be
to the performance detriment of any bike part, especially frames.  Frames
should have the right "spring" for your weight and use, tires should have
the most flexible casing you can get away with without too many flats, and
even brake calipers should be whittled down so there is no excess inertia
to them.

With that in mind what I would absolutely love to see is a tubing spec of
each frame cataloged somewhere. Without extensive experience it's not
exactly a science to look at these specs and know ride quality, but IMO
weight is just an indirect result of this, more useful, information :)