Thanks, George, that is so kind of you.    I'll send a PM.

Joe, I understand!  If it affects the paint, I'll keep with my current
setup.

I have a full to-do to get my bike on the hanging rack--inner tube under
the wires so wire doesn't scratch the frame and pipe insulation on the
tubes so the carrier doesn't scratch the frame.  For now I'm sticking with
this setup because 1) I can use it with my fendered bike 2) I can lock the
bike to the rack with a U-LOCK (not a lowly cable lock) if I need to leave
it on my car for a bio break on long trips.  (if anyone knows a tray style
that can do this, let me know!  I might start another thread on this when I
get the chance.)