I use ISC Racers Tape Surface Guard Tape
<https://smile.amazon.com/Racers-Tape-Surface-Guard-Clear/dp/B000O6BQMG/> (not
to be confused with the regular Racers Tape, which is cloth based like duct
tape), both for frame protection and to route dynamo wires along frame
tubes: it keeps the wires from dangling or snagging, and is nearly
invisible - though zip ties are still helpful for strain relief to keep it
from pulling up the ends of the tape. Self-adhesive, pulls right back off
without damaging the paint, and is available in a variety of widths.