Edeluxes (of all generations) are LED lights. I don't know of any light
manufacturer who uses the same model name for both LED and non-LED models.
I'd be hard-pressed these days to name any name-brand bike light
manufacturer who makes anything except LED lights.

As with any electrical circuit, component failure is always possible. The
first thing to check is always the cables, because they're the most likely
points of failure; but they're not the only ones.

Peter "can you...see the...brand new day?" Adler
Berkeley, CA/USA