I've found looser fitting to be more comfy in high heat and humidity. A
wicking polyester or thin Merino tee up top and MTB baggy shorts without a
liner in them below. My favorite shorts are MUSA Boosuckers, but they are
scarce. Under Armor wicking base layer boxers with microbe zapping silver
ions or merino shorts underneath.  For short rides, my regular cotton blend
boxers are okay. I ride in Keen sandals with thin wool socks. I haven't
used padded sorts since switching to Selle Anatomica saddles when RBW 1st
offered them around 2010. They mold to your shape and support your weight
pretty evenly. I have one bike with a Brooks B15N which after it was
finally broken in is also comfy without padding.  I ride in and around
central AL. 100F and 100% humidity often in the summer. or close thereto.

Bruce