For me, I've never trusted another person to pack a bike I'm selling since
I figure they're not on the hook if something goes wrong.

I've packed and shipped several completes and frames, and so far (knock on
wood) never had a buyer complain. I'm not a pro by any means: I'm slow, I
use far too much packing material, and I tend to disassemble items I'm
never about getting damaged or causing damage during transit. IMO if a
person is mechanically inclined enough to work on their bike, packing one
is well within their capability.

Good luck on getting your issue resolved.

--Ed C.