Hi
Steve (UK) here.
Touching the Void by Joe Simpson (non-fiction)
The film is gripping, true to the story and very realistic- the book is even
better.
In 1985, two young climbers, Joe Simpson and Simon Yates, set out to be the
first to reach the summit of the Siula Grande in the Peruvian Andes. They
succeed, and the two embark on the treacherous descent down the mountain --
only to meet with disaster when Simpson breaks his leg in a fall, leaving Yates
to lower him the rest of the way with ropes. When a storm threatens both their
lives, Yates must decide whether to cut the rope and risk Simpson's likely
death.
No spoilers here...the story is only just beginning!
Enjoy...
Steve
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 at 4:17, Michael Williams<mkernanwilli...@gmail.com>
wrote:   Hey J,  Into the Wild is a good one( same author as Into thin Air).
One of my all time faves is ‘ The Golden Spruce’.    -Mike

Sent from my iPhone