I have a Garmin Edge 810 and quarter turn Garmin mounts for each of my
bikes (about $6/ea). I move the Edge from bike to bike - it has an option
to tag which bike you've mounted it on - and use it as an overpriced cycle
computer while it's on the bike. It records the ride reliably with three
button presses (one at start, one at end, one to say "yes, I want to
save.") The Edge 810 has Bluetooth (which I usually leave off) so once in a
while I turn that on and it automagically syncs data to my Garmin account
via an app on my phone. I set up my Garmin account to mirror the data to my
ridewithgps and Strava accounts, and use tools at those sites to analyze
the rides.

--Ed C.