I'm a fan of the wired Cateye cyclometer.  I'm only interested in distance
per ride and total/year.  I've used it for 30 years.  I love how basic it
is and needs a battery replacement now and then.  Trip mileage and total
mileage always at fingertips.  Never have to think about anything else.  I
bought a new one for my sparkly Mermaid Platy.
Kate in Trenton, NJ