MTB 650B appears to be stable.  I am somewhat concerned about 650B
road rim and tire availability.  Fortunately, both items store well.

I am not concerned to the point where I will buy any old 650B rim set
or tire to hoard in a storage bin.  But if I see a top quality
component on eBay, a bicycle on line outlet, or (less likely) a
bicycle shop, it makes sense to buy now rather than wait to see what
may be coming down the road.