Although I had two 650b bikes that are now gone, I certainly was not
fearful of parts availability. But to be certain I never expected rims
and tires to be WIDELY available. I expected it to be a lesser 650c.
Unless your local bike shop specializes in tri bikes, they might have
a pair of tubes, and possibly a dusty tire. Having worked in bike
shops on and off for the last 15 years, it was always an item we
ordered in. Sometimes we had to search 3-4 suppliers before we found
what the customer wanted. I think the niche market is just that. It's
there, but more work is needed to attain entry and generally you pay
for the privilege.

The funny thing is, the bikes that use 650b are in comparison just as,
if not more exclusive. Let's hope they keep making the frames!

Jut random thoughts. Nothing more.

All that said...I have a set of 650b wheels/tires with no home! Chris
King / Dyad / Maxy Fasty. If you need to pile your stock let me know.