My take, having just bought my first 650b bike, is that there will always be *something* available. We can still get a nice range of freewheels, what, 20 years after Trek stopped spec'ing them?

650b was always a niche market in a niche market. I've been in those kinds of spaces my whole personal and professional life, and I'm quite comfortable there.

And hey, maybe we'll have a big article on 700c conversions in RR 62....

Rob in Seattle