For my touring bike, a Surly LHT, I use a Nitto M12 on top and Tubus
Duo lowriders below. I like this setup alot, functionally and
aesthetically.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79695...@n00/4601203765/in/set-72157607471577085/
The Duo does require a fork threaded on both sides, and an upper to
lower brazeon distance of precisely 6.5 inches, so its a bit specific.

I rode a Nitto Highrider front rack for a awhile on my Allrounder.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79695...@n00/4601769640/in/set-72157607471577085/
But I have gone to a M12 rack on that bike too (to carry the handlebar
bag). The rack braze-ons on this bike are ~8.5 inches from the
dropout, but the rack is more adjustable than the Duo.

After hanging in the garage for 2 years, the Nitto Highrider rack is
for sale: $100 shipped in the lower 48 states. It is lightly used, no
dings or scratches. No hardware included (4 water bottle bolts will
attach it), but there is a white reflector attached and silver
reflective tape on much of the front facing tubes.