I think Hwy 41 might be the NorCal/SoCal cutoff, which is weird, since like
all odd-numbered freeways, it’s technically a north-south road.

It angles in the west, but heads straight north in the east, putting Morro
Bay, Kettleman City, Fresno, and Yosemite and Lee Vining all on the
dividing line. Which I would accept. That feels pretty solid.

Philip
“The eights go east and the fives go north.”