I run a 172 on my Susie and it is plenty high with the 2.5” for some pretty
chunky terrain. I have a 170 on my Clem with 2” and it is about an inch
lower. These bikes are so long that I understand wanting a bit more
clearance but if a 170 is comfortable I think the bike is high enough to
pedal through anything these bikes can pedal through. I’m still getting
used to the Susie as a mountain bike really. Chunky climbs are tough for me
because if I get off the seat at all, instant loss of traction. Pedal
strikes hasn’t been an issue at all though.