Yup. I worked with Rivendell on my kalloy seatpost that came with the
Roadini slipping. Greased the binder bolt, etc. Darn thing still slipped,
and in any case that kalloy would never stay level (I guess I know why all
those pictures of Rivendell bikes have saddles pointed upwards!). I gave up
and bought a Thomson Elite masterpiece and never had a problem since. The
Thompson also had the advantage of being a 2 bolt seatpost that's
infinitely adjustable and doesn't nose itself upwards.