Brian, this is interesting to me because I could not get my S83 to go in the seat tube of my Gus. I too have always used Phil grease. The Kalloy post (also 26.8) slid right in. I am certain I could have gotten the S83 in there but did not want to scratch it Al up doing so. So far the Kalloy has not slipped - just two rides in. If it does I may just use carbon paste. I did that for my handlebar clamp and the Bosco has yet to slip.

Sent from my iPhone