I think he'd ride a very similar bike today to the ones he rode for 50
years.

   - Steel. He wasn't swayed by aluminum, titanium, or carbon, the first
   time around, so nu-Jobst wouldn't choose them either. Steel is still tough,
   reliable, and cheap.
   - Fillet brazed? I imagine this was for aesthetics, but I'd need to dive
   into The Jobst Hole to find out.
   - Rim brakes, not discs. Single pivot sidepulls (??) indicate no worries
   about stopping with a simple, light, rim brake.
   - Supple tires, but still narrow. I would love to see Jobst and Jan
   debate the testing protocol.
   - Downtube shifters. Simple, light, easy cabling, and there for the two
   times a day he'd shift.
   - Yellow.

Philip
rec.bicycles.tech