I'd be interested to hear others' opinions about this; I hope it's true --
ie, I hope fillet brazing is one of the stronger joining methods. Ideas?

Chauncey Matthews used bilaminate construction on my Matthews 1 (Fat tire
road bike) and all fillet brazing on the 2020 road bike.

Speaking of which: Blast from past? As I Googled bilaminate construction
just now, the top entry in a page of irrelevant biochemical links just
happened to be this:

http://www.halletthandbuiltcycles.com/methods.html

Richard Hallet, frame builder, prices in GBPs. Can this be the by now very
old Richard Hallet who for decades owned World Champion Bicycles at the
intersection of Lead and Yale SE here in ABQ, NM? He was a curmudgeon, but
he had the best collection of important old bikes that I've seen, including
a pristine, probably repro boneshaker and, in the window, an 1890s men's
cycling costume that, he claimed, he repeatedly refused to sell to the
Smithsonian. I got onto his good side and he took me a couple of blocks to
his warehouse where he had a huge collection of museum-quality historical
bikes, including a track frame used by Reg Harris. He also showed me a
new-in-box Cyclo rear derailleur, the rod-and-pulley model, notable as much
for being NOS as for being a Cyclo rod/pulley rd. He retired and left ABQ
circa 2002 -- I gave him a broken Orbit tandem just before he moved.

Does anyone know?