I use only cantilevers and basically will always ! Good ol' smooth post
cantilevers that clear the frame as opened and open all the way. No silly
overly long and offset pads that add nothing to the braking performance. I
take a certain delight(albeit comical and always good for a laugh in just
thinking it), in denigrating v-brakes and certain cantilever designs,
including making/selling/defending frames without rear cable stop bridges.
Call it what you will, as so have I. ((( laughing )))  Nevertheless, it
stands. I could also speak about how "the industry" is their own worst
enemy, in fact, their only enemy and the customer but a witness.

I remember not long ago before the Clem Riv couldn't give a v-brake away.
Then with disc brakes becoming the thing, and dwindling proper canti
manufacture and design , it didn't leave them much choice as the frame was
a sales hit. It's like drinking a brand of beer you really don't like, but
because the wife loves it, and you love the wife's company, you swallow
your taste buds,    one   bitter   chug    at    a    time.   "Ain't this
beer great ?   said with crooked broken smile and whose eyes betold another
story.

What's life without a couple of good ol' stories ?  .... teeheehee .

So sure Max, Anything but a cantilever on your Bombadil would leave you
without any brake at all :-)