Jeremy, thanks so much. That's really helpful. And you're right, you
should have seen me last night, a couple of empty beer bottles, quad-
ruled paper, a million (one million!) tabs opened up in my browser
going over crank, hub, cog combinations, etc. It all seems so simple
on my Schwinn single-speeds, what with the one-piece crank and all.

Your DOS calculation seems right on, as 42mm would put the chainline
right between the cogs. I plan on running fixed on the other side, but
I bet that the fixed cog will work out to 42mm obviously. Now I just
have to find a suitable crank and chainwheel setup, as I don't have
the original QB crankset, and I'd rather run a single chainring (for
now), with lower Q-factor if possible/affordable.

Thanks again :)
Lee