Tim,

I’ve got the same era Sam but with the tektro r559 brakes. Tire clearance
is sufficient for those 44s, but when I’ve run them I haven’t been able to
get the tires to pass through the brake calipers fully inflated, so I’d
have to finish inflating after getting the tires in place. Not sure how
those brakes compare with Paul Racers in terms of the size of the opening.

Brian