I'm a recent member of the Rivendell owners community (officially),
although I've been closely following Grant, his brand, and his philosophies
for over 20 years now. In some ways, I feel like I've always sort-of been a
Rivendell owner. However, after finally getting an opportunity to travel to
Asheville to meet with so many other members of the Rivendell community,
and better yet, getting to ride with them, was an experience that rivals
many of the other memorable bike adventures I've had in those past 20
years! I'm still a bit reeling from how fun this past weekend was. Gary,
you and all your local crew went above and beyond to make this event a
success, and the hospitality and energy you brought to the weekend was
amazing. Joel, thank you for heading up the routes for us; very thoughtful
in the ride planning, and of course those fire roads were sublime. I'm very
glad my Gus is currently the only Riv I own, because it made the bike
selection easy - and it turned out to be a perfect match for the
environment.

I expect you'll see the Kentucky crew again very soon, as we are already
scheming on a return trip. Hoping also for another Riv meetup there... the
Asheville location and wealth of opportunities seems hard to beat!

sincerely,
Brian from Lexington