I suspect the metal at the valve hole also. I've never had such an issue as
the Mavic rims I've been riding for the last 23 years came with plastic
stem hole grommets so they could be used with either type of valve. Presta
valve stems fit in very snugly, no play. Thus, enlarging the hole to
Schrader and using the plastic grommets is always an option. The plastic
grommets are slotted also, allowing them to expand as the presta valve must
literally be pressed in, that's how good of a fit they are, as least the
ones Mavic uses.

If you try to deburr the presta hole first, a rotary tool at low speed with
a tapered sanding bit ought to work well, as well as countersinking drill
bits. Like these from HF
!
https://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools/drill-driver-bits/woodboring-bits/countersink/countersink-and-deburring-tool-set-3-piece-61629.html

 I think even if I did that I'd still do the suggest double stem nut idea
to hold it in place.