I've gone through my own mitten/glove shenanigans on all the fancy brands
I've turned to Kinco leather insulated gloves and mitts sold all sort of
places locally and online. (Rural King for me !) They're anywhere from
$15-$25. I don't wear anything though in the cold without nitrile gloves
against the skin, 5 mil is good thickness. This retains the warm moisture
in the hands and keeps the insulation dry. Their gloves and mitts use some
sort of Kinco brand Heatkeep insulation, yeah whatever. as long as it's
good enough. The mitts are their Axeman/1930 model. I have some
Refridgewear mitts too but those are too warm for cycling, in fact they're
the warmest mitt I've ever worn, including Rab Down mitts for
mountaineering. The gloves I wear in milder temps are the Hydrofelctor
Lined water-resistant premium grain cowhide driver/39HKP. When it's not too
cold just a basic Kinco leather glove is fine, the Buffalo ones are nice
and form fitting. They make many variations ! At least Kinco gloves have
properly long finger lengths, something most fancy brands of gloves do not.

I put off buying Kinco mitts for a long time as the lining inside is like a
fleece glove and thought I wouldn't be able to make a fist or rub my
fingers together. Silly me, the lining is sewn only around the cuff and
your hand is free to move around in the mitten shell.

Leather gloves of some sort are by far my preferred material as they offer
adequate grip. block the wind, are never too hot, and they're durable.
Kinco's are inexpensive but good quality.

Later we can have the annual winter jacket post ! I bought some fancy form
fitting Sportful road cycling jackets and so far they beat the pants off of
anything I've ever worn. The favorite so far being the Fiandre Pro short
sleeve jacket made with Polartec Neoshell fabric.