It's not surprising to me that Pauls would be better than the 720s.  I know
they (Tektro 720s) have a dedicated following; I can't understand why.  In
my experience, they were mediocre stoppers, replaced quickly by Shimano
CX70s and then by mini-Vs.

I just replaced some budget Shimano cantis on my commuter with Velo Orange
Zeste brakes and they're amazing.  For the $70 I paid, miraculous even.
Hard to imagine that Pauls would be better.

Will