This happens to me a lot, where I think I've got my bike quiver dialed
perfectly but then my needs change, and riding with new or different groups
is a prime example! It's also why my Hillborne keeps bouncing back between
drop bars and Albatross bars.  I think the Homer makes perfect sense!

I'm going to suggest the Choco bar and a long stem, such as 12cm.  The
Choco ought to be a great compromise between the Albastache and the
Albatross; the 'stache is very forward feeling, much like reaching for the
hoods on a drop bar, while the 'tross is very relaxed to the extent it is
hard to get a comfortable 'hunched' position when you're climbing or
pushing harder.  The Choco has a more natural feeling forward hand position
thanks to its bend and flatter profile, but still sweeps back far enough
that when you're cruising you don't need to have too much weight on your
hands and shoulders.  I would run it with bar end shifters so you get full
range of hand positions, and I really like the Paul levers because they are
thin enough that I can put my hands such than one or two fingers is in
front of the lever as well.

I would echo that triples are pretty nice - not only do you get more range,
but the 10-tooth jumps in the front are a lot less 'disruptive' if you know
what I mean. I find the smaller chainring jump means that when I hit the
base of a hill I can often just drop a chainring and leave the rear alone,
and it is a natural gear reduction .. whereas on the wide-low double, you
would be spinning like crazy if you tried the same thing

Other than that, lightweight wheels (A23's are great!) and tires (ie
anything Rene Herse, but lots of other options too) and just avoiding
putting unnecessary accessories on the bike will keep it pretty light. I
love this whole plan!