I'll add: for cantilevers, the front brake housing hanger. I recently
swapped out a very nice, sturdy Shimano steel hanger for a *tres chi chi* RH
hanger because I wanted a headset-mount and stiff hanger to get more drop
(3.5 cm vs 1 cm). The braking is modestly, but noticeably better with the
RH hanger.

Patrick Moore, who dimly recalls the forlorn hopelessness of aftermarket
leather brake shoes that were a cheap alternative to rubber on many 1960s
Indian roadsters -- after a few rides in the wet and some sun they turned
into ceramic and were about as uselessl for braking.