Greg, Patrick - I’ve thought about a variation on that, a smattering of
stickers covering the decals. Not sure I’ll do either. I’m nearly 40 and a
bit over stickers all over things and not sure I’d like the look of tape.

Robert - You’re right I’m sure NYC is more of a “bike theft city” but if
you’ve been there in the last few years it is nearly 100% e-bikes in the
city now and I’m sure that Eben enjoys some benefit of the target-rich
environment that a huge city packed full of e-bikes brings. His
old-fashioned bike likely doesn't draw much attention in that town these
days.

Luke - This is my sentiment as well. I love your setup and thanks for
posting a pic. I’ve seen that bike before and it’s killer. I’d probably put
a front rack and basket on mine as well but also like a good old-fashioned
rack and pannier for schlepping my junk to work. I’m a pannier for work and
basket for fun kind of guy.

Keith - There are concerns for theft for sure but I’ve ridden things that
cost more than the Atlantis and they’ve not come up missing. What I don’t
want is to ride what I think will be safe for years and years just to end
up with a garage full of unused bikes that I wish I had used more. I’m
leaning toward giving it a go. If it gets stolen, maybe I’ll go back to the
surly or grab a Clem. I feel you regarding living in a place with low theft
but I work in cardiovascular critical care medicine as an NP and the only
real spot for this type of work is in larger cities. Also, I love Indy but
it does have its downsides.

Cody - Gotcha, yeah that’s a good idea. I do a similar zip-tie type combo
lock for long road rides. It’s a super light little thing that I take just
to lock up if I need to pop into a gas station or store for food and
hydration. I wouldn’t trust it long but it’s good for what it is.