A 1990's road racing bike and a new Rivendell Leo Roadini are two VERY
different animals.  Like, practically different species, even if they are
the same genus.  Step 1 is decide which of the two you want, and then buy
the one you want.  If it turns out you really want one of each of those two
very different bicycles, then you've got something else to deal with.

If the real problem is you want one of each, know that they are completely
different bikes, and can only afford one.  If that's the issue then you
need to go back to Step 1 and decide which of these two types of bikes you
want FIRST.  Buy that one and save up for the other.  They are going to fit
MUCH differently.  They are going to ride a lot differently.  They will
have much different levels of comfort, stability, agility, etc.  They have
completely different vibes from one another.  I have both of those types
covered in my stable, so the appeal of having one of each type makes
perfect sense to me.  :-)

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA