Hey Brent,

I know that we've already gotten to chat about how much I enjoy my Roadini.
I have owned an RB-1 previously, and would argue that if you could only own
of those two bikes, the Roadini is a clear winner from the standpoint of
utility. I've been commuting on it and taking it on mixed surface rides.
Even in terms of weight, it's going to be a fairly negligible difference
depending on how you build it up. I don't imagine it's easier to squeeze
much beyond a 28mm tire on the RB-1 so it's not going to be as comfortable
on rougher streets or fire roads. The shorter chainstays of the RB-1 are
probably going to make it a little bit faster, but I doubt you'd be as
happy on that bike on other than nicely paved roads. I also think that
there's a little bit of market inflation when it comes to the top-model
Bridgestones. If you want a zippy lightweight pure road bike of that era,
you can probably find equally good ones that don't have the Bridgestone
name attached. And if you're a strong rider, you can be nearly as fast on
the Roadini with some plush wider tires with lightweight casing.

That seller of the Bridgestone seems to specialize in very nice bikes with
attractive photos and appears unconcerned with letting the market decide
the value. He's had a Davidson Discovery up for eons with a caveat that
he's "not desperate to sell" it and it shows. The price hasn't moved and
nor has the bike. When I sold my RB-1, supposedly at the peak of bike
scarcity in the early days of the pandemic, I still only asked $400 thru my
local CL. I got my price within a day or two, no haggling. I'll concede
that mine wasn't in nearly as nice condition, but still.

my $0.02,

Brian
Glendale, CA