Hi everyone.  Happy New Year!

I am the proud owner of a grey Cheviot.  One of the reasons that I
purchased that bike was to ride on bike trails near me (such as the Erie
Canal Trail) with my wife.  She and I have done a bit of riding together.
However, as I am a more experienced cyclists, she sometimes gets frustrated
with me.  Happily, riding my Cheviot has helped me to slow down and enjoy
the ride with her.

My wife has been riding a Trek hybrid bike that is at least 30 years old.
I would love for her to get something new for our rides together.  She is
on-board with this idea (much to my delight).  A new Rivendell seems to be
just the ticket to more quality bike time - for her alone and for us
together.  The question, of course, is which model would be the best choice.

Given that I have a Cheviot, a Platypus for her was my first suggestion.  I
sense that it rides pretty similarly to my Cheviot - plush, stable and
relatively quick once it gets going.  However, my wife was a bit surprised
by the price tag of the Platty, and began to focus on the Clem.  When she
asked why the Clem was less expensive I spoke about the lugs, but didn't
know what else really differentiated the two bikes.  This is why I am
reaching out to the group.

I would be grateful if folks on the list who are familiar with both the
Clem and Platypus would provide some additional insight into the
differences between the two models.  I think that either bike would meet my
wife's needs.  However, thoughts on which would best meet those needs are
much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean
Buffalo, NY