Thanks for all of your responses to my request for information.  I am very
grateful.  Steve - your Platypus is gorgeous!  Is the terrain in that
picture typical of the kind of riding?

Sarah and Al - you have kind of hit my dilemma.  I have really enjoyed the
opportunity to bike with my wife, and I hope to do more of it in the
future.  I want her to fall in love with a bike - and I think the Platypus
may do that.  However, as she is not [yet] a bike person, the price tag is
a bit of a stumbling block.  Joyce, you are very kind to offer test rides.
I wish that were an easy option.  My Cheviot is much to big for her, so my
wife can see it, but not actually ride the bike.  Al - I think that she
would be happy with either bike, and that either a Clem or Platypus would
serve her well.  It is difficult to know which will bring the biggest smile
to her fact - which is, of course, the ultimate goal.

Kim - thank you for the link to the earlier discussion about this topic.  I
searched the list, but did not do as well as you.

Thanks for giving us lots to think about.

Best -
Sean