This (to me) is especially true when mountain biking. The trails I like most have a LOT of short but very punchy climbs. The whole experience is one of doing intervals, blasting the downhills but gathering strength for the next climb. My road rides these days are much more chill, without any of the fast accelerations in the pack from my youth. Odd then that my heaviest bike is the one I ride on the trails. Alas & so it goes.:)
Sent from my iPhone