I have both dynamo lights and good battery lights and each have their
advantages. But IME, with quite a few hub, bottle, and bb dynamos, good hub
dynamos -- mid-level Shimano upward -- don't cause noticeable drag; at
least, I don't notice it, and one of my systems is a hi-po K-Lite system
which I always run on High. Bb dynamos are a wee bit noticeable but not
horrible; and even cheap Sanyo bottles aren't *that* bad -- like riding
into a modest headwind or up a very slight grade. They're *not* like Bart
Simpson's dynamo.

And wires can be neatly tucked away; not really a problem if arranged
properly.

I do always back up my dynamos with a good battery headlight, if only to
use as a flashlight in the event of roadside repairs. (Tho' the capacitor
of the Edeluxe I is pretty poor -- about 30 seconds bright, then another
minute of dim light -- another reason for a good auxiliary battery lamp,
for long intersections. The capacitor on the K-Lite -- in a separate box
the size of a box of Marlboros -- will still be glowing dimly 150 minutes
after you get home.)

Patrick Moore, who just rode home from church [first week in Lent] noticing
no drag a-tall from his SON 20R and first-gen Edeluxe with 2 wired-in tail
lights.