Thanks again, Garth. I just ordered 10X 2.0, 2.18, and 2.35 mm Shimano
spacers for total of $30.20 with shipping and tax. AE did well with my
clumsily-placed orders of Shimano 10 sp cogs (instead of thinking ahead and
making 1 order for 3 different sizes I frenziedly hit "buy" 3 times and
paid extra for shipping); far easier than trying to get a LBS to find and
order 3 each of 3 cogs, and far cheaper than ordering from Europe, where
shipping costs seem to have tripled since COVID.

Curious about AliExpress: search for a 22 t Shimano 10 sp cog and you get 2
dozen offerings many of which give you a price of $0.83 and when you click
"yes please" they don't let you buy more than 1, or else the price
skyrockets to $2.72 -- still very cheap, of course.

I received my shipments in a bit over a week with shipping for small
packages of 3 or 4 cogs under $7,  which leads me to wonder if they don't
have warehouses scattered around in their biggest markets, like the US?

At any rate, with spacers of 3 different widths I figure I'm well sorted
for any cassette build; as Garth very helpfully pointed out, Miche 10-sp
Shimano substitute cogs are 0.2 mm wider in the body (1.8 mm versus 1.6 mm
for Shimano cogs) tho' their teeth are 1.6 mm; which means that they take 2
mm instead of 2.35 mm spacers -- the total width is about 36 mm in either
case.

But the cassette I built on Saturday with 10 1.6 mm cogs and 9 2 mm spacers
shifts just as well and identically to the other 10 sp cassetted made from
10 Miche cogs and 9 2 mm spacers, without any derailleur adjustment; so who
knows. I did order 2.18 mm ones to split the difference.

--

Patrick Moore

Executive resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, letters, and other writing
services

*When thou didst not, savage, k**now thine own meaning,*

*But wouldst gabble like a** thing most brutish,*

*I endowed thy purposes w**ith words that made them known.*