On Friday, May 17, 2024 at 7:58:26 PM UTC-5 atreya...@gmail.com wrote:

Folks,
I like aesthetics of Shimano better than RRL . So folks who have used both?
Is there a difference in performance and comfort , to make the upgrade
worth it. Also looks like ramps on RRL are longer, does it add to the
reach? . My priority is in the following order 1. Comfort 2. Braking
performance 3. Asthetics 4. Price.

I've used both of them extensively on brevets up to 600km. I no longer have
the TRPs, but I have the Shimanos on several bikes, so I guess I've made my
choice! I'm 5'6", 81cm PBH, and have mediumish skinny hands. I found the
TRPs to be a combination of too wide and too long, though only marginally
so. One thing to keep in mind with respect to reach is that the handlebar
reach makes a difference, too. The reach on Noodle Bars is on the long
side, especially compared to almost all current drop bars on the market.
 So, the combination of Noodle Bars and TRPs makes for an especially long
reach to the brakes. To me that can be a feature, not a bug ... it allows
me to have the bar tops comfortably near and high and still have a nice
low, flat position in the drops.

Aesthetically I very much prefer the Shimanos. I don't think I noticed any
difference in brake feel, so I would guess the mechanical advantage is
similar.

Given that your first priority is comfort, you're probably going to have to
try them both. Given that price is your last priority, you'll have no
problem selling the ones you don't want on this list :-)

Ted Durant
Milwaukee WI USA