I've used the standard Tektro RL340 levers for over 10 years, have had a
bike with TRP RRLs for the past few years, and recently built a bike with
the Shimanos.

I've heard/read more than once that the Tektros are based on the Campagnolo
brifter hood shape, with many citing the extra width vs Shimano hoods being
more comfortable.

The RRLs are similar to the standard Tektro levers but with some ergonomic
changes (TRP is Tektro Racing Products, so the same company). I like them
but they are a bit more modern and look better on a bike built to suit.

With the Shimanos I was a little concerned going in that the narrower hoods
might result in feeling more pressure. Thankfully that hasn't been the case
but the bike I have them on has very little saddle to bar drop (48cm
Noodles). The reach on the Shimanos is noticeably less due to the smaller
body and that suits this bike / bar position as well. I don't have a lot of
miles on them yet but so far like them at least as much as the other levers.

Your mention of 52cm Noodles has me curious about the use of the bike? My
drop bar mountain bike has the 52cm XL version of the Beacons that Jeff
uses and I really like the width and shallow drop for leverage on trails,
but that bike has the top of the bar above saddle height. On a more roadish
bike like your Homer or the Pescadero I just rebuilt, the 48cm Noodles feel
quite wide.

When comparing to the Albatross keep in mind that the feel of the reach
decreases when your hands are closer together. I find my preferred stem
length for Albatross bars is 30-40mm longer then with drops, but that's for
more standard width drops (42-44cm range). Wider drops tend to need to be
set closer and higher.

-Dave (near Boston)