I'll take a picture today (thought I had one) and post it.

I used the "spring clip" that came with the fenders, but spaced it out
from the fender and inch or so with the cork spacers.  It required two
longer bolts and cutting and drilling the corks.

Sorry for the delay, just got home from a short business trip.

Angus