"Do you pull out the corks when you want to remove the rear
wheel, or do you have vertical dropouts?"

Horizontal dropouts - I unclip the metal SKS clip from the chain stay
bridge.

For me unclipping the front of the rear fender is annoying some of the
time - the bad fender line was annoying all of the time.

Angus