I just called Riv and talked to Mark.  They sometimes get big orders
directly from Sugino.  Like a few times a year.  The rest they
backfill from Merry Sales.  Short answer is that there is no mechanism
to special order one Sugino crankset from Rivendell direct to Sugino.
It would have to be something that Merry Sales already imports, which
I'll assume they do not.  If Merry Sales will sell it to Rivendell,
they'd happily sell it to you, but so would any retailer that has an
account with Merry Sales.