I solved this problem on the only bike I have with track ends by
amputating the rear fender so that it is just long enough to keep
spray off my back and off the Nelson, but quite short enough so that
it does not interfere with the wheel's rearward movement when removing
it. The best solution is horizontal dropouts, using the term in
(bowing head reverently) Sheldon's meaning.

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:32 AM, sanjoser <thomas.savar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok, this brings up a question.
>
> I took the fenders off my quickbeam after one
> miserable experience fixing a roadside flat on the rear wheel.
> the rear fender extends just low enough to make taking
> the rear wheel out of the horizontal dropout a major pain.
> so, my question is: how do you fix rear wheel flats with fenders?
>
> - ts
>
> On Aug 20, 9:01 am, CycloFiend <cyclofi...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> on 8/19/10 6:49 PM, cyclotourist at cyclotour...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> > Great bikes!  QBs are perfect for the Delta!
>>
>> I'd offer the opinion with eleven fewer letters. ;^)
>>
>> - Jim
>>
>> --
>> Jim Edgar
>> cyclofi...@earthlink.net