1 - Brakes:  Love the silvers.  Some complain of too much flex, but I found
them to be perfect.
2 - Wheels:  find a used set of the Synergy/Deore wheels that QBP sold.
3 -Tires: I'd get some Hetres.

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM, nathan spindel <nath...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday at the RBW garage sale I picked up a 50cm 650B Saluki frame.
> I'm going to build it up as a road bike / occasional light S24O
> hauler. The rider will be a lightweight 5'5" lady, so it'll be able to
> carry a 10-20 lb load just fine.
>
> I have much of the build planned out (Noodles w/ bar-ends, XD2, B-17,
> rear rack) but haven't decided on:
>
>  1. brakes (Silvers or Dia-Compe's or Paul center-pulls?)
>  2. wheels (Rich-built Synergy 32h 105?)
>  3. tires (Soma Xpress 38? Pari-Moto? CdlV?)
>
> What would you suggest for those components, given the uses above?
> Thanks for your advice!
>
> -nathan

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

*...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS