On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Brian Hanson <stone...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was talking with a friend who just got an Exposure Toro
> (http://www.exposurelights.com/) and really likes it.  It's 700 lumens for 3
> hrs burn time self-contained.  I was all set to do it for about $300, but I
> keep thinking I really should do a dyno/LED combo if for no other reason
> than it's a plug and forget thing.  I also like the idea of it being there
> all the time as I occasionally ride home at night in the summer.
> My 10-mile commute is usually in the rain with a lot of streetlight glare
> and shadowed trail during the Seattle winter.  I have been using a 2-watt
> LED, but this is just enough to make me comfortable at 15-17mph flat speeds.
>  I'll probably just have to try both options at some point...
> Brian
> Seattle, WA

I hesitate to say this but there is another reason to go with the dyno/led:

Batteries, even rechargeable ones, have a VERY limited lifespan before
you toss them or recycle them (which still ends up with some nasty
waste being housed)

So if only from a controlling waste standpoint the dyno/led combo are
a better idea.

-sv