I  agree with Patrick. I've thought that Riv bags were very expensive. Far
more so than I was willing to pay in most cases. I don't like having a bike
that looks attractive to thieves and a really expensive looking bag just
screams "Steal me" Plus, I commute on a bicycle and would rather that my
bike be cheaper than an automobile to maintain. Granted, I haven't driven a
car since 1996 so the cost of auto-maintenance may have gone up.

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 4:11 AM, PATRICK MOORE <bertin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wish they'd re-issue their original, cheap saddlebag made from the
> original burrito waxed cotton cloth. I recently got one from a fellow
> RBW-er or iBobber. Sorry, the best photo I have is here:
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/BERTIN753/BIKESMISCELLANEA#5522534402352991554
>
> Sturdy, just the right size, inexpensive, no chi-chi. Needless to say,
> it works very well as a small bar bag.
>
> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Eric <ericwolfo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've watched with great anticipation some great older Riv bags on
> > eBay.
> >
> > Recently, this handlebar bag fetched more than $200
> >
> > Found here:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320611490808&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
> >
> > Another Baggins style saddle bag fetched close to $180 on eBay. So
> > obviously there is a demand for well designed bags, as the way Acorn
> > bags are in stock for what seems like seconds. And I'm a more recent
> > Riv aficionado so I missed out on buying 'em.
> >
> > Anyways, why doesn't Riv reissue these bags?
> >
> > --

> Patrick Moore
> Albuquerque, NM
> For professional resumes, contact
> Patrick Moore, ACRW at resumespecialt...@gmail.com

Fai Mao
The Blogger who sometimes responds to comments